ITIL Intermediate Service Strategy Training & Certification
ITIL® is comprised of five core publications: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement, promoting alignment with the business as well as improving operational efficiency. The official ITIL® qualification scheme describes two streams, the Service Lifecycle Stream and the Service Capability stream.
The Service Lifecycle stream focuses on ITIL® practices within the Service Lifecycle context. The prime focus is the Lifecycle itself as well as the process and practice elements used within it.
The Service Capability stream is for those who wish to obtain an in depth understanding of ITIL ®processes and roles. Attention to the Service Lifecycle is illustrated as part of the curriculum but the primary focus is the on the process activities, execution and use throughout the Service Lifecycle.
The ITIL® SS (Service Strategy) course is part of the ITIL® Intermediate Lifecycle certification stream. The course prepares candidates to take the ITIL® Service Strategy Intermediate exam as well as providing valuable knowledge that can be implemented in the workplace.
Course and Learning Objectives:
At the end of this course, you will learn:
- The logic of value-creation within the context of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle
- Strategic assets of an organization and their performance potential for serving particular customers or market spaces (internal or external)
- Formal definitions of services suitable for planning and execution across the Service Lifecycle
- Service valuation, demand modeling, service provisioning and analysis, and business impact analysis
- Service Portfolio Management, methods, and processes related to service management and services
- High-level strategies for demand management that can be supported by capabilities across the Service Lifecycle
- How Service Strategy is driven through and informed by other elements of the Service Lifecycle
Participants will learn the principles and core elements along with the activities and technology & implementation considerations within the Service Strategy stage of the Service Lifecycle. An interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and case study experience to prepare participants for the ITIL® Intermediate Service Strategy certification exam as well as providing valuable practical knowledge that can be rapidly applied in the workplace. Quint Wellington Redwood’s integrated case study deepens the participant’s appreciation of how ITIL® best practices can be applied in order to improve IT performance. Practical assignments are used throughout the course to enhance the learning experience.
Course Student Material:
Students will receive an ITIL® Service Strategy classroom workbook containing all of the presentation materials, course notes, case study and sample exams.
Core set of 5 ITIL® books.
An ITIL® Foundation certificate and preferably two years work experience in an IT Service Management environment.
CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers and IT security managers involved in the ongoing management, coordination and integration of strategizing activities within the Service Lifecycle.