Become a better software craftsman: write clean code! Writing well-structured code is at the heart of software craftsmanship. It is a skill that is not so much taught but experienced, and improving it is a continuous process.
You will benefit from the Clean Coding course if:
- you are a junior of medior developer,
- you have experience with developing and maintaining software in teams.
What you will achieve
After completing this 1-day training:
You will know:
- the background of what clean code is and why it is so important in our field,
- the value of clean code and help your colleagues to see it too.
You will have hands-on experience in:
- recognizing and cleaning up common sources of complexity, known as 'code smells',
- cleaning up and refactor code to remove and reduce these smells,
- gradually clean up an existing codebase.
You will have the skills to:
- write clean code from scratch, and continuous making small changes to a codebase to keep it clean,
- write cleaner, more maintainable code with less effort.
! Please note, that you need to bring your own laptop with working Java development environment. Example code will be provided with Eclipse project files ready to go, but you are free to use other IDE's such as IntelliJ IDEA.