Cloudera Developer for Apache Spark
This training enables you to build complete, unified Big Data applications combining batch, streaming, and interactive analytics on all their data. With Spark, developers can write sophisticated parallel applications to execute faster and better decisions and real-time actions, applied to a wide variety of use cases, architectures, and industries.
You will benefit from the Cloudera Developer for Apache Spark course if:
- you are a developer or engineers,
- you have basic knowledge of Linux.
Examples and exercises during this training are presented in Python and Scala, so knowledge of one of these programming languages is required. Prior knowledge of Hadoop is not required.
Xebia University (based in Hilversum, Amsterdam area) is an official training partner of Cloudera, the leader in Apache Hadoop-based software and services.
! Please note, that you need to bring your own laptop for this training.
What you will achieve
This training alternates between instructor-led discussions and interactive, hands-on exercises.
After completing this 3-day training:
you will know:
- how to use Spark as a powerful, open-source processing engine for data in the Hadoop cluster, optimized for speed, ease of use, and sophisticated analytics,
- how to use the Spark shell for interactive data analysis,
- the features of Sparks's Resilient Distributed Datasets.
you will have hands-on experience in:
- running Spark on a cluster,
- parallel programming with Spark.
you will have the skills to:
- write Spark applications,
- processing streaming data with Spark,
- run applications up to 100x faster than traditional Hadoop MapReduce programs.
! Please note, that you need to bring your own laptop for this traing.
This laptop should meet the following requirements:
- At least 8GB RAM
- 15GB of free hard disk space,
- VMware Player 5.x or above (Windows)/ VMware Fusion 4.x or above (Mac),
- Your laptop must support a 64-bit VMware guest image. If the machines are running a 64-bit version of Windows, or Mac OS X on a Core DUO 2 processor or later, no other test is required. Otherwise, VMware provides a tool to check compatibility, which can be downloaded from http://tiny.cloudera.com/training2,
- Your laptop must have VT-x virtualization support enabled in the BIOS,
- If running Windows XP: 7-Zip or WinZip (due to a bug in Windows XP's built-in Zip utility.