Cloudera Data Scientist
This three-day introduction to data science develops the skills required to build information platforms and analytical tools that reduce costs, increase profits, improve products, retain customers, and identify new opportunities.
Learn how data science helps you to reduce costs in your company, increase profits, improve products, retain customers, and identify new opportunities. This training will ultimately prepare you for a data scientist role in the field.
Xebia is an official training partner of Cloudera, the leader in Apache Hadoop-based software and services.
Programme and Course Overview
You will benefit from this course if...
- You are a developer, data analyst or statistician
- You have basic knowledge of Apache Hadoop: HDFS, MapReduce, Hadoop Streaming, and Apache Hive
- You have proficiency in a scripting language
Python is strongly preferred, but familiarity with Perl or Ruby is sufficient.
Xebia University (based in Hilversum, Amsterdam area) is an official training partner of Cloudera, the leader in Apache Hadoop-based software and services.
What you will achieve
This training alternates between instructional sessions and hands-on labs.
After completing this 3-day training,Â you willÂ know:
- What data scientist do and the problems they solve,
- The role of data scientists, vertical use cases, and business applications of data science,
- Where and how to acquire data, methods for evaluating source data, and data transformation and preparation,
- Types of statistics and analytical methods and their relationship,
- The steps for deploying new analytics projects to production and tips for working at scale.
Å¸You will have hands-onÂ experienceÂ in:
- Machine learning fundamentals and breakthroughs, the importance of algorithms, and data as a platform,
- Applying data science methods to real-world challenges in different industries.
You will have theÂ skillsÂ to:
- Implement and manage recommenders using Apache Mahout,
- Set up and evaluate data experiments.
Upon completion of the training, you will receive a Data Science Essentials practice test. Learn more about the testÂ here.
!Â Please note, that you need to bring your own laptop for this training.
This laptop should meet the following requirements:
- At least 2GB RA (4GB or more preferred);
- 15GB of free hard disk space;
- VMware Player 5.x or above (Windows)/ VMware Fusion 4.x or above (Mac);
- Your laptop must support a 64-bit VMware guest image. If the machines are running a 64-bit version of WIndows, or Mac OS X on a Core DUO 2 processor or later, not other test is required. Otherwise, VMware provides a tool to check compatibility, which can be downloaded fromÂ http://tiny.cloudera.com/training2;
- Your laptop must have VT-x virtualization support enabled in the BIOS;
- If running Windows XP: 7-Zip or WinZip (due to a bug in Windows XP's built-in Zip utility.