Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
As Product Owner you have a crucial role in enabling the team through focus and feature flow, you have to balance all stakeholder needs and ensure a Maximum Return on Investment (ROI). This training teaches you all you need to know to successfully fill the role of Product Owner.
You will benefit from the Certified Scrum Product Owner course if:
- you are a product manager or line manager,
- you want to maximize the benefits from Agile projects,
- you want to learn how to better prioritize and interface with Agile teams.
What you will achieve
Of the three Scrum roles - Team member, Scrum Master and Product Owner - the role of Product Owner is the most difficult one. Invigorating exercises, discussions and lecture will help you gain experience and skills as well as knowledge.
After completing this 2-day training:
You will know:
- how to describe, manage and prioritize stakeholders,
- how to use techniques from Agile user-experienced design such as persona's, and customer development methods from the Lean Startup,
- how to prioritize new product development, maintenance and non-software work,
- how to blend Scrum with Kanban and other lean methods,
- how to track and report outcomes,
- techniques that focus product and technology on the same outcomes.
You will have hands-on experience in:
- Scrum and Agile fundamentals from the Products Owner's perspectives,
- Lean Startup techniques such as the lean canvas,
- story writing and acceptance test driven methods to objectively express requirements,
- focus development efforts on achieving business results,
- using advanced techniques like story mapping and visual management systems for programs,
- proven approaches like the trainer's portfolio alignment wall and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
You will have the skills to:
- be an effective Product Owner,
- articulate clear visions with measurable business objectives,
- express requirements as testable outcomes,
- plan releases and sprints,
- scaling Scrum to program-levels efforts,
- generate strong working relationship with development teams.
On completion of the training, you will be registered as Certified Product Owner (CPO), which includes a one-year membership of the Scrum Alliance where valuable material and information is available exclusively for CPO's.